The Department is fully geared to offer the following services:
- Intra-uterine Insemination (IUI) – Husband and Donor
- In Vitro Fertilisation (IVF)
- Intracytoplasmic Sperm Injection (ICSI)
- Hormonal Manipulation and Ovulation induction with Timed Intercourse
- Blastocyst Culture
- Computerised Chromosomal Karotyping for testing of peripheral blood
- Egg and embryo donation for perimenopousal and menopausal women
- Semen Banking – Donor and Husband
The Department has the necessary facilities and expertise to undertake the following investigations:
- Vaginal Ultrasonography
- Hormonal Assays by Radio immunoassay
- Post -coital Test
- Diagnostic and Operative Laparoscopy
- Diagnostic Hysteroscopy
- Endometrial Biopsy
- Semen Analysis
- Sperm function tests including diagnostic Swim up, Hypo-osmatic swelling test, Semen culture and sensitivity
In the 13 years since inception, the Department has come to be recognized as one possessing excellent Infrastructure, facilities and personnel and acknowledged for its success rate that is comparable with the best centers around the globe.
- One of the pioneering units to have started ICSI in India and has conducted over 5000 cycles till date.
- Achieved pregnancy and delivery in 2 patients – aged 42 years and 56 years – by embryo/egg donation technique.
- Pioneered the delivery of the first set of twins conceived by IVF-ET
- By virtue of hormonal manipulation, a multiple pregnancy (quadruplets) was conceived.
- A woman who had conceived through ICSI had delivered triplets.
- Microepididymal Sperm Aspiration (MESA) in conjunction with IVF in a couple, of which the male partner was azoospermic, led to the delivery of a healthy baby.
- 500 cycles/ year of IUI were attempted with a success rate of 80%.
- 300 cycles of IVF-ET were attempted in 95 patients with a success rate of 40%.
- 200 cycles of ICSI have been attempted with a success rate of 40-50%.
- Hormonal Manipulation and Ovulation induction with Timed Intercourse have been successful in 60% of the cases.